Amazon provided the Family Library feature, which allows two adults and four children to share their Kindle books, apps, and audiobooks with one another. This is another great way to share kindle resources apart from the above mentioned methods. The Family Library feature is more advantageous because every member can read the same book at the same time and is not limited to the 14 days expiration period. They can read the book for any number of moths and even years!
You first need to define the other adult (probably your wife or husband) and the children that should have access to your account before you can share your Kindle books with your family. It is called "Building a Virtual Household". I will show you how to add an adult to the virtual household and then you will learn how to add your children to the household.
To Build a Virtual Household (Add Adult):
1. Log into your Amazon account and navigate to the Manage Your Content and Devices section.
2. Click the Invite an Adult button located in the Households and Family Library section, under the Settings.
3. Now enter the Amazon email and password of the other adult in this section or simply create a new Amazon account if he/she does not have an account and then click Yes to enable both your account and the other adult's account to share payment methods.
Note that this means that both adults will be able to view and use each other's payment method.
4. Specify what you would like to share with the other adult, like: books, apps, audio-books. Then tell the other adult to specify what he/she would like to share with you.
5. Click Finish.
To Add a Child to the Virtual Household:
1. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for adding an adult above, choosing Add Child instead of Invite an Adult.
Note that only devices that support Kindle FreeTime can have access to child accounts.
How to Specify Which Books to Share in the Virtual Household
After setting up the Amazon virtual household, the next step is to select and specify the kindle books to share with the members of your family. This method is very similar to sharing Kindle books with non-family members:
1. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices section of your account on Amazon.
2. To reveal the extra Family Library buttons, click the Show Family Library link from the Your Content tab.
3. Specify the books you would like to share with your household and then choose Add to Library.
4. Specify a household member you would like to send the book(s) to, and then click OK.
You can now easily send or download the other adults kindle book to your kindle device or reading app easily once the full account access has been permitted by both of you.
To Download a Kindle Book From Family Library:
1. Visit the Manage Your Content and Devices section of your Amazon account.
2. Specify the kindle book(s) you wish to send to your kindle device or app and then click Deliver.
3. From the pop-up window, specify where the delivery location of the book(s) , and then click Deliver again.
The specified books will now be available in your kindle device or app and both adults can read the same book at the same time.