HOW TO CREATE A LOOKUP FIELD OR COLUMN USING LOOKUP WIZARD
A lookup field or column is a field that allows you to choose a value from another table or from a list of values. It does the same work as combo box.
To create a lookup field using the lookup wizard:
1. Create a table and switch to design view.
2. Type the field name of the field or column you want to create in the field name column.
3. Click the drop down arrow at the extreme right side of the Data type column and select lookup wizard. This prompts the lookup wizard.
4. Determine how the lookup field or column will get its values. There two options here. Select I want the lookup column to get the values from another table or query if you already have a table in which one of the fields contain the data or information you need.
This option is useful is better if there will be need to update the values frequently. When you update the values in the source table, it will reflect in the current table. Then click Next and follow the on screen instruction to finish up.
If you want to type the values yourself, select I will type in the values that I want and click Next.
5. Type the list values under col1. For example, if it is for a Marital Status column, the list values will be Married and Single. Click Next and click Finish as shown below.